1. Good evening from South Korea; the time is 9:58 pm.
2. Today was a national holiday in South Korea, so I didn’t go to work.
3. On my days off, I like to cook French and Asian dishes.
4. Today, I made a stuffed chicken called “Chicken Bayou,” which was stuffed with chives, garlic, and bacon; I first pan fried the chicken to get a nice crust, and then I finished it in the oven; I also made a gastrique, which is a sauce made from vinegar and sugar.
5. One reason I find cooking so enjoyable is that it has nothing to do with my job; sometimes, to unwind, it’s good to mentally distance yourself from your everyday life and to “get away.”
What do you do to unwind?
Download the HelloTalk app to join the conversation.