I’ve met too many English learners who put all their effort intoperfecting their accent and grammar. They’re already trying to sound like a Wall St. stock trader or a Native speakers, before they know enough vocabulary to talk about these subjects.
How to improve your English is by expanding vocabulary and writing everyday.
Each day record a new word you learn and never forget it. Once in your vocab journal 📓. Here are some tips I give my clients who are learning English.
1. Have fun and relax you won’t improve if you are frustrated or nervous.
2. Set specific goals in time limits.
3. Find a great reason why you are learning English.
4. Write everyday in a form of dairy and each day write longer eg 1 extra line each day and increase it by one sentence.
5. Use the hello talk call function to practice speaking.
6. Have topics ready for your practical conversations.
7. Keep up the motivation and see your improvement daily and record it.
8. be active and not stagnant.
Hope this helps these are my notes from my experience from teaching/coaching ESL students who are learning English.
Download the HelloTalk app to join the conversation.