Common Weather Vocabulary! 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧 talk about the weather a lot! This is usually because the weather here can be very unpredictable! Here are some basic and more complex phrases about the weather 🇬🇧
Yes it is true, the English
- It is sunny
- The sun is too bright
- Why is it never sunny in England?
- This evening the sunset was amazing
- Finally, the sun has come out from behind the clouds
- I couldn't see it properly as the sun was in my eyes
- It is raining
- I am wet because of the rain
- It is pouring down with rain
- I am drenched
- I am soaked
- It is raining heavily
- Why does it always rain in England?
- I find the rain relaxing
- If you go out in the rain then you should wear a coat
- You will not get that wet, after all it's only raining a little
- There is a storm
- The weather is stormy
- The thunder is very loud
- The storm is very scary
- Be careful if you go out in the storm
- I love staying indoors in the warmth when it's stormy outside
- I hope none of us get struck by lightning
- It is very hot
- I am boiling!
- In hot weather you need to drink a lot of water
- This weather is perfect for a day at the beach
- We need to make sure we use suncream today
- I can't stand much more than a few minutes out in this heat
- It is cold
- It is freezing!
- In cold weather we should wear a lot of layers
- They need to wrap up warm
- It is chilly
- I am shivering due to the cold weather
- I wish it was not as cold as this!
- Its so cold I can't even feel my toes!
- If it gets any colder then I might freeze to death!
Download the HelloTalk app to join the conversation.