Mornings (simple present, habits) clock rings at 6 o’clock and every weekday morning I try to ignore it. I do not like mornings! I hide my head under the covers and I pretend that it isn’t really morning. I groan. I complain. I say nasty things about mornings. Some mornings I fall back to sleep for a few minutes! After a short time I realize that I have to get up. I sigh. I struggle out of bed and I start my day.
Every weekday morning my alarm
* complain (verb) - to say that something is wrong or that you are annoyed about something
* groan (verb) - to make a long low sound when expressing pain or unhappiness
* habitual (adjective) - usual or typical. An habitual action is something that you do often.
* ignore (verb) - to pay no attention to someone or something
* nasty (adjective) - bad, unkind, angry
* realize (verb) - to notice or understand something
* sigh (verb) - to breathe out slowly & noisily, often because you are annoyed or unhappy
* struggle (verb) - try very hard to do something difficult
* fall asleep in front of the TV (expression) - to fall asleep while watching TV
Download the HelloTalk app to join the conversation.