🤗🤗 ADJECTIVES vs ADVERBS 🤗🤗 when using adverbs or adjectives to describe something.
A lot of English learners struggle
- Adjective = Used to describe a noun
- Adverb = Used to describe an adjective
Try the exercises below with some common adjectives and adverbs 👏🏼 (adjective/adverb)
1) It was snowing very (heavy/heavily) today.
2) Can you speak more (slow/slowly), please?
3) This burger tastes (amazing/amazingly).
4) She was such a (good/well) teacher.
5) I’m not (real/really) sure about this one.
6) The weather today was (unbearable/unbearably) hot.
7) I tied my shoe laces too (tight/tightly) and couldn’t undo them.
8) The way the teacher spoke was very (calm/calmly).
9) This pizza tastes very (good/well).
10) My boss always works very (hard/hardly).
Good luck!!! 🤞🏼
Download the HelloTalk app to join the conversation.