One of my most requested lessons is “phrasal verbs”. ’t know me yet, follow my page here on Hellotalk. I teach English grammar lessons!
If you don
Here are some common phrasal verbs with the word “up”.
“Up” can be used in a lot of different ways. These phrasal verbs all mean “to finish.”
Finish up: used when finishing a task completely.
- I’m going to finish up my homework and then go to bed.
- She’s just finishing up her project.
Eat up: used when eating until the plate is empty.
- The cat eats up all its food.
- Eat up so you grow big and strong!
Heat up: used when warming something until it’s hot.
- I’m going to heat up some soup for lunch.
- I think I will heat up rice and chicken for dinner.
Use up: used when you use all of something until there is nothing left.
- The man used up all of his money buying pizza.
- The woman will use up all of her makeup before buying new makeup.
Download the HelloTalk app to join the conversation.