Last updated: 03/20/2016
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
1. Personal information is data that can be used to uniquely identify or contact a single person. When you create a HelloTalk ID, HelloTalk collects your personal information including Email address, gender, age, nationality, your native language, and the language you're learning.
2. When you use HelloTalk, our servers automatically record information that your mobile phone sends("Log Data"). This Log Data may include information such as your Internet Protocol ("IP") address, device model, pages or portions of HelloTalk that you visit or click on, the time spent on those pages, access times and dates, and other statistics.
USE OF INFORMATION OBTAINED BY HELLOTALK
1. We use your personal information to analyze users demography.
2. We may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
3. We do not treat Log Data as personal information or use it in association with other personal information, though we may aggregate, analyze and evaluate such information, for purposes such as understanding or improving the service.
DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES
If you are approved for Service, your account will be governed by HelloTalk's respective privacy policies. Personal information will only be used by HelloTalk to provide or improve our products, services and advertising; it will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
We may use third-party analytics tools, e.g. from Google Analytics, and Facebook Insights, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. We collect and use this analytics information in aggregate form such that it cannot reasonably be manipulated to identify any particular individual user.
VIDEO AND AUDIO CHATS
We will never monitor, record or store Audio- and Video-Chats. Text-Chat protocols will be stored but not shared with any third parties unless required by law. However, we cannot prevent your chat partners from broadcasting recorded chat sessions without your or our permission through third party websites or services. We recommend that you exercise caution in disclosing any information, personal or otherwise, during a video or chat session.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
HelloTalk takes precautions including administrative, technical, and physical measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.