QUIZ TIME: Pick the best words for each situation. be released tomorrow at 8am JST (Japanese time)
Japanese voice message up top, English voice message in the commnets below
1. Nice (to/in) meet you.
2. My name (is/are) Fredrick
3. There (are/is) 2 cats living here. I also have (a/the) pet rabbit.
4. Have you ever (seen/been/heard) to New Zealand? It's (a/the) lovely place.
5. The weather here today (was/is) lovely. I think I will go swimming.
5. (This/Behold) is my favourite drink, it's (call/called) CC Lemon.
6. I don't have (the/a) favourite colour but I like to wear black.
7. Japanese sweets are more (unhealthy/tangy/subtle) than western
ones. Probably because they use less sugar.
8. Anpanman is a well (grown/called/known) Japanese kids show.
9. I'd love to go to China in the future, but it's so (small/big) I
have no (job/idea/situation) where to go first.
10. Sorry, what is your name? I didn't quite (listen/catch) what you said.
11. There's a (word/say/saying) in Japanese "Even monkeys fall from trees"
12. Do you know the answer to this question? It's driving me (car/nuts/steady).
13. My legs are (tired/pain/killing) me. I really need to take a
14. Oh my god, your dress is (beauty/stunned/stunning). Where did you buy it?
15. I'm so (over/done) with work today, I wish my boss would leave me
16. Sorry, I need to go home now, if I'm any later than this I'll be
in (overtime/hot water) with my partner.
17. I'm thinking about buying a nintendo switch, but I might
(get/regret) buying it later on.
18. I'd love to go to England and just walk down some old streets at
night and (get/smell/take in) the atmosphere.
19. I'm (pooped/over), lets (call/give) it a day.
20. I (guess/see/wonder) what kind of day tomorrow will be.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful night, I'll see
you tomorrow with the answers!
Download the HelloTalk app to join the conversation.