7 Idioms In English With The Word ‘CLEAN’
Meaning: leave quickly and completely
Example Sentence: She wanted a clean break after they broke up. She didn’t want to see him ever again.
1. A clean break
2. A clean slate Meaning: to start something again Example Sentence: The new CEO started with a clean slate.
3. Clean something out Meaning: to remove dirt or things from the inside of something Example Sentence: This weekend, I cleaned out my closet and now I have four boxes of clothes to get rid of.
4. Clean up Meaning: get someone or something cleaner Example Sentence: I’ve got to clean up before the party guests get here.
5. Clean-cut Meaning: a male that is clean, has short hair and orderly Example Sentence: Most politicians and men in the military are clean-cut.
6. Wipe the slate clean Meaning: to forget all past problems or mistakes and start again Example Sentence: Mary wanted to wipe her slate clean and get a new job after being fired.
7. A clean bill of health Meaning: – News that you are healthy or well – News that an organization or company is operating correctly Example Sentences: 1. Marie can’t go back to work until the doctors give her a clean bill of health. 2. The Orange County Health Organization received a clean bill a health after an external investigation.
Download the HelloTalk app to join the conversation.