get along 원만하게 잘 지내다
company get-together 회식
task 주어진 일 / 임무
job performance 실적
to maintain boundaries 경계를 유지하다
to mind one’s own business 남의 일에 참견 안 함
to spread rumors 소문을 퍼 뜨리다
to show respect 예의를 갖추다
to do favors for others 부탁을 들어주다
to stay on the boss’s good side 사장님을 열 받게 하는 일 안함
1. If you want to maintain good relationships with your coworkers, it is most important to do favors for others whenever you have a chance.
2. Make sure you stay away from people who spread rumors, because you may find yourself getting in trouble too.
3. Employees who don’t show the proper amount of respect to their superiors will always have a hard time getting promoted.
4. Being the life of the party at company get-togethers is a good way to get close with co-workers, but you have to make sure not to make a fool of yourself.
(The life of the party – 분위기 메이커)
(To make a fool of yourself – 바보짓을 하다)
5. It’s important to maintain boundaries at the workplace, otherwise coworkers may start to take advantage of you and think that you are a pushover.
(To take advantage of someone – 남의 친절함을 이용하다)
(A pushover – 만만한 사람)
6. I don’t think flattery is a good way to curry favor from your superiors, because they will usually be able to see right through it.
(To curry favor – 호감을 갖게 하다)
(To see right through it – 남의 속셈을 간파하다)
Download the HelloTalk app to join the conversation.